Pharmasan labs saliva test instructions. Our endocrine system is among the very most important system in our bodies. This is attributed to the number of important glands embedded in the system. Some of them include;
- Pituitary glands. This is the most important gland in the body. It is connected to hypothalamus and secrets hormones which directs other body processes as well as stimulate other glands to secrete different types of hormones for different purposes
- Thyroid gland. It determines the metabolic rate of the body organs.
- Pancreas. It produces very important enzymes used to break down starch. It also produces insulin and glucagon to regulate blood sugar levels in the body
- Pineal gland. It secrets melatonin hormone which regulates our sleeping patterns.
- Adrenal glands. They are responsible for regulation of sex masturbation during puberty stages. The hormones secreted also regulate stress, pregnancy and also inflammation.